Friday, July 15, 2011

Talangka.

Time: 3:12 p.m.
Where: In my bedroom.
Now Playing: "My Shadow" by Keane.


People in the Philippines, especially those sports fans, known for having "crab mentality", "talangka". To get their happiness back, they must bash or criticize what they don't like. This is the issue right now that enrages me a lot and I actually want to kill these certain people right now ruining the Azkals' reputation. I am not a violent person but if these killjoys want to do their thing, then we, loyal football fans, going to go head-to-head just for the equality of the mainstream sports here in the country.



Just read several articles including this one from the violent sports writed in the name of Danny Simon (I don't reckon him as a "real" sports writer with these nonsense criticisms) and published publicly to the whole Philippines that are furious and angry as of the these time, by the one and the only "Talangka King", Recah Trinidad. Come on, last time, Nonito Donaire, now the Azkals? Give me a damn break, Mr. Trinidad.

The link of the said article I that I kept reading and kept enraging me, a lot.

Heroic Azkals: Not Everybody Happy

---

Below is my own response to the article:

"-100 respect points to both Mr. Recah Trinidad and Mr. Simon. If you are a football purist, you will know that in our modern time today when it comes to sports, mixed nationalities in a national team are "definitely" natural. In basketball (yes), football (yes), even in boxing (lots). There's nothing wrong about it plus the fact that there are the so-called "Fil-shams" in this country. I don't even know what's race have to do on joining in a team, club or whatsoever. Probably on the talent on where did the athlete got it on a country he was based before coming to the country (THAT is the main thing people think of half-Pinoy athletes). I don't know if you are expressing your disappointment that the Azkals exist because they usually love a sport that you think is boring which I think and six billion people in the whole world think is a "beautiful sport" according to the great Pele. I don't know why certain people in this country don't have the mind of bringing pride and honor to the country by supporting the national teams of each discipline. The way I see it, these certain people have pride and honor to post their criticisms, I mean, hateful, bashing, violent criticisms to the people of the Philippines on how they feel especially with the Azkals and not so totally "CONSTRUCTIVE" criticisms. They mean it loud and proud which annoys me. Yes, including you, sir.

Of course, as a huge football fan, I am truly affected by this, actually all of the Azkals fans are affected, some didn't care, but greatly affected not because all of these statements you stated are true but because media bring the Azkals' name to promote football in the first place and the media will kill them as well. We are on the stage, why ruin people's happiness. Why are you so mad about the Azkals anyway? Like Mico Halili said, "I will not hate to make football fans happy". If you have great disappointment on the Azkals, just keep it on your head and don't publicize. Again, YOU SHOULD NOT HATE TO MAKE FOOTBALL FANS HAPPY. Same goes with other sports and vice-versa. Shame on people hating the Azkals because of their popularity. I know media is on the move whenever an Azkal is around and yeah, I know, they need to control on their publicity to focus on their trainings and stuff. Come on Philippines, this is unforgivable. Wala na kayong magawa kundi tumalak nang tumalak nang walang basehan at puro paninira lang ang ginagawa niyo sa Azkals na ang ginawa lang ay maibalik ang larong futbol sa bansa at magbigay ng karangaln sa bansa. Why be a BULLY? GROW UP and BE MATURE! Wala na nga kayong magawa at maitulong sa bansa, ganito pa gagawin ninyo mga buwisit sa lipunan!"




Seriously, for those who accuse us of being arrogant, snobs, or elitists, then I pity you. That just goes to show that they have either a shallow or no understanding at all of the beautiful game. Because the same way that fans are passionate in basketball, boxing, rugby, golf, baseball, or whatever sport they support, that’s how we feel too. I am not trying to pit football against any sport here. I am REALLY glad that the game I love so well is finally gaining the recognition it deserves. And although I still personally think that football is more suited to Filipinos, who am I to say that Filipinos should stop playing basketball? All i’m saying is give football a chance to grow in the Philippines. Because mark my words, when the time finally comes that the Philippine National Football Team qualify for the World Cup, you too will be one of us, screaming and celebrating with joy.

But at the moment, win or lose, it really doesn’t matter. WE WILL CELEBRATE. We celebrate the fact that FUTBOL is here and thriving in the country. We celebrate the journey, not the destination. We celebrate the players’ skill, sacrifice and the pride. We celebrate the dark ages of futbol’s irrelevancy in the Philippines, and we celebrate its popularity now.

And should you, Recah Trinidad, pass away (hopefully soon), I’ll celebrate that too like I celebrated on Osama bin Laden's death!

The last three paragraphs is not from me, it was from my fellow Azkals and football fans that are truly against these "talangka" journalists and the way they feel, is how I feel as well. As they say in Texas, "Don't mess with Texas" but here, "Don't mess with futbol!"

---

Time: 3:35 p.m.
Where: Still here, very, very disappointed.
Now Playing: "All Alright" by Sigur Rós.

0 comments:

Post a Comment