Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas! (2011 version)

Time: 2:38 a.m.
Where: In the study table.
Now Playing: "Diet Mtn Dew" by Lana Del Rey.

---

First of all! Merry Christmas to all of us! Maligayang Pasko sa ating lahat! Well, it's a great 12 hours for me since the afternoon of Christmas' Eve up to now, almost dawn of Christmas Day. At the start of Christmas week, I really didn't feel the Christmas fever although there were kids flocking around every block, Christmas caroling and Christmas lantern to be seen in every street. Maybe I was just missing on something that this year never had. Hmmmmm...

Anyway, as every year, I always go to this Christmas event called "Christmas Kantata/Cantata" where all of the choirs from different parishes showcased their Christmas songs to the audience and it was relaly not a contest or anything. Just pure showcase. All of them were great and somehow gave me a feel that Christmas was really around. After that, went to my last of the nine masses (Christmas Novena mass or Misa de Gallo/Simbang Gabi)and the last one was really great. I mean by great, it was planned really. At first, the lights were off and I can feel the atmosphere inside the church. People singing until the lights went on again and I saw the 'Baby Jesus' and family replica and the ange,l floating and descending to what we call 'sabsaban'. Probably, it was rare to be in a mass that made it so special with props and everything to feel that it's Jesus' birthday.

After that, went home for 'Noche Buena' or Christmas Eve feast (A version of Thanksgiving but Christmas-realted. LOL) and pray for the blessings and for the victims of Tropical Storm Sendong/Washi, and may they have hope after that traumatic moment. It seemed awkward though here. Instead of hearing Christmas songs around, I heard loud horns everywhere but yeah, 2012 is coming. So I think that I could buy some of that horn! Feeling like I am in Rizal Memorial Stadium with those loud high-pitched horn! :D Cheers with some Tanduay Ice and again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

---

Time: 3:23 a.m.
Where: Still here.
Now Playing: "No Surprises" by Radiohead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment