Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mall of Asia Arena experience

Time: 11:49 a.m.
Where: In my room.
Now Playing: "Tonight, Tonight" by The Smashing Pumpkins.

---

It was my first time coming the SM Mall of Asia Arena yesterday and it was fun coming there maybe because of my excitement coming for the very first time. Last year, I came to the Smart Araneta Coliseum for the first time and I felt the same experience but there's something in MOA Arena that I was more thrilled than my experience in Araneta 10 months ago. Maybe because of the modernized facilities or the atmosphere or maybe it's just me.


Inside the General Admission section, I saw different colors from different schools with different objectives. Some came to watch and cheer and some came to raise their hearts out with their passionate chants along with oozing sound of their bass drums. This is what the UAAP is all about. Passion and drive to success.

The opening was very nice. I never thought the host Adamson, my school, pulled it off. Very nice opening indeed. Starting with the Invocation and the National Anthem with our chorale performing them with goosebumps. Followed by the performance of every school in a multi-themed dance-off. Very entertaining and superb dance moves by every school. It was a great opening over-all. Probably one of the best openings I've seen from all of the NCAA/UAAP. With all due respect to the previous host schools of course.

I just hope that the Adamson University will give all they got in different disciplines of the UAAP this season and prove that they have that UNAWAKANAHIMO spirit! Soar High Falcons!

---

Time: 12:03 p.m.
Where: Still here.
Now Playing: "Undertow" by Warpaint.

0 comments:

Post a Comment