Monday, August 25, 2014

My favorite songs lately...

Time started: 5:18 p.m.
Where: In the study table.
Now Playing: "A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay.

---

It's been years since I blogged about my favorite songs, and I regularly updated it back 2011-12 and now it's nice to bring back the old days and share the stuff I've been listening to for the past week because I am just a music junkie myself, listening to alternative/indie records.

Well, I first heard of Tahiti 80 with their song, "Easy" on my favorite radio station, Jam 88.3, and now, I am now more obsessed with their new single, "Crush!". At first listen, I was so addicted to the tune for 2 whole weeks which is really rare for me. Normally, nagsasawa ako sa isang kanta ng 2-3 days then off to a new song but this is a one of a kind record if you ask me.


Next on the list is Foster the People's "A Beginner's Guide to Destroying the Moon". Well, I listened to the whole "Supermodel" album on Spotify and this is one of the tracks that stood out. I do like their first single in their second album, "Coming of Age" but this track is also a single-worthy track in my opinion. Very vibrant tune. plus the fact that it has great lyrics which I do like the most about Mark Foster the rest of Foster the People.


Next is Kasabian's "eez-eh". Though I am disappointed with lack of creativeness creating their latest record "48:13", there's still the catchy-witty feeling that Kasabian has and only "eez-eh" is the song that can define to their style of music.


Next is "Mind Over Matter" by Young the Giant. This record reminds me of listening to the old Incubus tracks I've heard with those emotional lyrics carrying along with the emotional vocals. It is somehow nostalgic and reminds me of "those" times. Literally, mind over matter.


Lastly, it's Coldplay's latest single "A Sky Full of Stars". At first, this track didn't grow on me because I was still adjusting on the "new" Coldplay, embracing the electronica world like what Radiohead and other pure alternative bands did in the previous years. I heard that Avicii helped in producing this recording which made me answer my speculations about this tune. The music world somehow evolve with country stars turned pop stars and indie pop acts turned mainstream. Now, I do appreciate their new record, not used to it at first because the real Coldplay grew on me.


Time ended: 5:40 p.m.

0 comments:

Post a Comment