Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Very, Very, Holy Week Indeed.



---

Oh men, today, as I write this... it is Holy Monday and as usual, the headlines are in the bus terminals wherein they will go to their provinces and commemorate this week to the Lord with their loved ones. Well, last year, I was able to fasten where I just ate a dish per day and that was reeked and extremely horrendous in my point of view but anyway, a sacrifice is a sacrifice and that's how I can help. Yeah, sometimes, I am the person who is merely agnostic but sometimes I can show my religiosity and calmness to concentrate and pray. Doubts will be there always but the superiority of the Lord is everlasting.

Now, I just wonder if what can I do in this year's Holy Week? Just loafing around and do more fastening again just like the old times? I guess so but this year, we will visit my mom's long time friend and former neighbor in our former house. Just a little chat, and reconciliation. It will be on April 1 and this tweet whore and Facebook addict has got to go for 3 days of sacrifice, including for NOT visiting the sites I have mentioned in commemoration to the Filipino's yearly activity.

I am just wondering why others chose to vacate and unwind like celebrities do? I recently tweeted celebrities on Twitter about their plans on Holy Week and yeah, unanimously, they said they will go to Boracay and I said, c'mon, you GTFO there and give some sacrifice to the Lord for just one week and you can go vacate yourselves.

Another thing that is regular during Holy Week is the "Pasyon" or "Pabasa" where you will sing in it's usual tune the verses from the Bible for 18 straight hours and yes, I will not do that but I can try if I am interested for about when I get on 40?

So, this week is the scared week of the year. Please give respect to this week and please, give some time to the Lord for just one week because he saved us from our sins and we must give back to Him.

"I maybe sometimes an atheist but sometimes I can have that religiosity in me."

"The Lord protects and defends me; I trust in him. He gives me help and makes me glad; I praise him with joyful songs." --- Psalm 28:7.

0 comments:

Post a Comment