Saturday, May 28, 2011

Better Luck Next Time, Red Devils.

Time: 5:39 a.m.
Where: In the balcony.
Now Playing: "Karma Police" by Radiohead.

---



---

Boy, I was waiting all month for this day, May 28th, the day of the UEFA Champions League Final between Manchester United and Barcelona. Of course I was known to be a Red Devil and yet I am aware of what Barcelona's capable of. They are considered to be the best football club in the world right now and no doubt, they almost swept every club competitions they participated but they didn't win the Copa del Rey (Spanish Cup), which reigned by Real Madrid. Anyway, I watched the game and it was a bitter loss for us.



I thought we had it under control in the first half. Pedro scored first for Barca in the 27th minute and seven minutes after, Rooney came back with a stunning strike inside the box. I just thought we had the chance of coming back if we continue to have that mighty defense of our back four, leading by Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand but at the start of the second half, we just lost our rhythm and we saw the Barca that was most known for, their expertise in accurate passing inside the box without fail.



I am one of the millions of United fans who are disappointed on their second half showing but hats-off to them because they have the guts to fight back with heart but it was not enough. Barca has the skill and the heart. Much respect for Pep Guardiola's club. Pedro Pinto of CNN declaring earlier that this Barca team is the best he has seen after three decades, which is truly an astounding one.

This is another painful loss I know but with Van Der Sar's final game with some bitterness, I know Sir Alex can do something on finding a good keeper like Van Der Sar's strength and we will come back strong. I know it. We just need to go to the rebuilding process. Every team has a rebuilding process in order to go to that time called "glory days".



Again, congrats to Lionel Messi, David Villa and the rest of FC Barcelona for winning their second European Cup Championship in the last 3 years. I hope another rematch will occur sometime next year. I know we will get our revenge in July in the US Tour. No matter what happens, I will be a loyal supporter of the Red Devils. First at the perch! Glory, glory Man Utd! As the Reds go marching on, on, on!



Don't worry, Chicharito, you will get the hands of the Champions League trophy in the years to come. Rooney did it in '08. I know you're young, you can grow as a great footballer like Messi or Ronaldo or even Rooney. Good luck next football season, Red Devils.

---

Time: 6:08 a.m.
Where: Still here in the balcony.
Now Playing: "The Fear" by Lily Allen.



---

0 comments:

Post a Comment